Instead of apologizing for not blogging in recent times, we’ll simply give you some pictures to look at. We added several new color and camera/lens effects during the last few weeks. Also, there are some more decorations (hats, smileys, borders, overlays/textures)
the “Round corners” tool was moved into the “Picture Frame” tool, in order to make room for our new “Quick Text” feature:
This week’s update targets mostly some advanced tools. Although these tools aren’t the most popular according to usage numbers, we still think they’re quite powerful. Here’re the details:
- The generic Brightness, contrast etc. tool got a new Vibrance slider. As the name indicates, this is for making a photo’s colors more vibrant. It increases saturation of less saturated colors, but leaves already saturated colors untouched. Also, the temperature and Brightness algorithms are now a lot better.
- The “Channel” tab inside the Color balance/Levels tool received a major update. The changes are now much smoother, “Lightness” works a whole lot better.
On the fun side, we added another 4 filters to Color tools and Camera & Lens tools, going by the names “Heatmap 2″, “Fire”, “Atmosphere” and “Amoeba”. These are new incarnations of the old Heatmap feature, but using a different color scale. Also, new overlays (earlier called “Textures”) were added in the Decorate tool; it’s “Wall”, “Marble”, “Rusty metal”.
Hello fellow Phixrs, we just added new stuff to our Color Effects tool. There are no less than seven new effects, plus a few new borders in the Decorate tool. Samples follow:
Hi everyone… just some minor new stuff, which nevertheless might come handy:
- New “bronze” and “retro” effects in Color effects:
- “Glossy” textures and two “glossy” borders in Decorate tool: (On a sidenote, the Crop tool can now be used to make avatars more easily, and it can make your avatar glossy in one single step.)
- Re-did some of our older decorations, especially the starglitter and sparkling borders:
- Undo and redo now work with less hassle – no annoying window no more. Undo and redo now undo and redo immediately. – The revert feature (which reverts to the originally uploaded photo) is now found in the thumbnail area – in shape of a small blue arrow.
Well, that’s a wrap. But stay tuned, more to come.
Today we have two bits of information for the security interested:
- All data you enter in your Phixr settings – usernames, passwords, PINs, etc. – is from now transferred over the web in a safe, encrypted way via SSL (https). You might notice this fact through a security warning from your browser, which is totally safe to ignore: Since Phixr otherwise only uses unencrypted data transfers, there is a necessary “switch back” from encrypted to unencrypted transfer after saving your settings. Some browsers consider this “switch” a reason to warn.
- Facebook has been supporting encryption (https) for a while; Phixr as a Facebook app now also works for those who use Facebook with encryption (https).
Fotopic is no longer. As it says on their page: “Fotopic and its parent company Snappy Designs Ltd are no longer trading.”
Farewell, then. Fotopic stuff will be removed from Phixr shortly. We wish all of fotopic’s users good luck in salvaging their photos.
While we are at it: The folks at Fotolog (if any) have removed their upload facility a while back. Therefore, we’ll remove that, too.