Today we have two bits of information for the security interested:
- All data you enter in your Phixr settings – usernames, passwords, PINs, etc. – is from now transferred over the web in a safe, encrypted way via SSL (https). You might notice this fact through a security warning from your browser, which is totally safe to ignore: Since Phixr otherwise only uses unencrypted data transfers, there is a necessary “switch back” from encrypted to unencrypted transfer after saving your settings. Some browsers consider this “switch” a reason to warn.
- Facebook has been supporting encryption (https) for a while; Phixr as a Facebook app now also works for those who use Facebook with encryption (https).
Fotopic is no longer. As it says on their page: “Fotopic and its parent company Snappy Designs Ltd are no longer trading.”
Farewell, then. Fotopic stuff will be removed from Phixr shortly. We wish all of fotopic’s users good luck in salvaging their photos.
While we are at it: The folks at Fotolog (if any) have removed their upload facility a while back. Therefore, we’ll remove that, too.
Hi folks, been a while… nevertheless, we have some new stuff for you. Phixr can now not only make photos look prettier, but it can also destroy them. Make your photos look rotten and dirty! Phixr’s new textures (in the Decorate-tool) are ways easier to handle than putting a negative under your car’s wheels and going over it a couple of times… Samples follow:
Apart from that, we have also some new textures to add color to your life. These are especially useful for fashion photos:
That’s a wrap. Have fun, and .. happy phixing!
If you receive an error when connecting to Facebook from within Phixr, then the reason is the following: The nice folks of Facebook have obviously invalidated all off-line-access-tokens older than a certain age.
They probably did this following media reports about a “catastrophic security leak” in the last few days.
The solution is easy: Go to Phixr’s main website, click on “Settings”, then “Set up Facebook”. Then simply follow the instructions to renew your Facebook-authorization. This has to be done only once. After that, normal service is restored.
And please don’t worry about any security issues: Phixr is using Facebook’s newest security scheme (and has done so for a while now). Using Phixr is safe and not subject to the reported security leak.
Here we go again. Some of the new stuff online as of now:
- Selective b/w: Found in Color effects, this tool is for turning a photo into a b/w photo, except for certain parts. You can select a color that is to remain unchanged, or vice versa. For example:
- New Warholize effect (in Color effects): We had an effect of this name for a while, but we were never satisfied with the results. Therefore, we decided to re-do this one (the old one is still available):
- New Lego effect: Found in Blur/soften/distort effects. The block size is variable.
- New Television effect (in Camera & lens effects), some new decorations (eg. “Censored” stamp):
- New fun & greeting cards:
- Perhaps a bit late, but better late than never: The popular Obama-poster style found its way into our effect library: Election ad effect in Color effects. The sample below shows the optional border and optional space for text.
That’s a wrap, have fun!
After a lot of enhancements on the fun front, we thought it was about time to do some work on the more serious tools Phixr offers. As a result, the Color Balance / Levels tools got some overhaul:
- Color balance is now done more properly, with real separation between shadows, mid-tones and highlights. In essence, this tool now works exactly like Photoshop’s color balance. As with the latter, the color balance can be adjusted for shadows, mid-tones and highlights separately.
- The Levels tool can now adjust not only the black point/white point, but the levels for each of the red, green and blue channels as well… separately, and at the same time.
- Say hello to a new family member: The Channel tool can adjust hue, saturation and lightness separately for up to six color channels (red, yellow, green, cyan, blue, magenta).
Just a quick reminder: Valentine’s Day is around the corner – time for some flowers, candy and .. perhaps a few nice photos or greeting cards…? Phixr is your Valentine’s Day toolbox! Here just a very few samples, there is much more!